Children and grandchildren of PGA Members who will be attending college in the Fall of 2021 are encouraged to apply for a PGA Financial Assistance Fund Scholarship.
The Colorado Section and the PGA of America continue their charitable commitment to higher education by providing scholarships to golfers and non-golfers alike. Since 2008, Colorado college students have been the recipients of more than $391,000 in funding to assist them with their higher education aspirations – more than $229,000 from the Section and $162,000 from the PGA of America.
The two programs work together to award college scholarships to the family members of PGA Professionals. To apply for one or both of the scholarship opportunities, all students must complete the PGA of America application located at www.resources.pga.org/member-benefits/scholoarship-programs/. Details of the two programs are as follows:
Colorado Section PGA REACH Scholarships
The Colorado PGA REACH Scholarship Program follows the same eligibility requirements as those of the PGA of America. By completing and submitting the PGA of America scholarship application, graduating high school seniors and college students are also fulfilling the necessary paperwork to apply for a local Colorado PGA REACH Scholarship.
All Colorado applicants who qualify, whether they receive PGA of America funding or not, will be eligible to be considered for financial aid from the Colorado Section. Remember, Colorado students must complete all of the requirements of the PGA of America application to be eligible for a Colorado Section Scholarship. Children and grandchildren of Colorado PGA Members are eligible for up to FOUR college scholarships from Colorado PGA REACH.
PGA of America Scholarship Program
The PGA Financial Assistance Fund Scholarship Program provides up to two college scholarships for children and grandchildren of PGA Members. Eligibility criteria includes:
- A student must have at least a 3.4 cumulative GPA, unweighted, in either high school or college.
- Be a child or grandchild of a Class A PGA Member in good standing.
- Be accepted for admission to a two-year or four-year college or university.
- Be enrolled as a full-time student or be accepted as an incoming freshman pursuing a full-time course load.
- Your child will have to create an account, or you can create it for them, to access the application. This also gives you access to upload documents and check the status of the application. You will be asked for the program key after the account is created.
- There is only one deadline for the application and the supporting documents. It is April 5, 2021 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time.
Additional information, along with the application, is available at www.resources.pga.org/member-benefits/scholarship-programs/. The deadline for all scholarship applications is Monday, April 5, 2021.